Monday, April 30, 2007

Finally formatted the computer

Yes! 3AM and I'm done with everything in order for my Dad to be able to use the computer tomorrow in the cleanest state for years with all his programs ready at hand.

I still have a little more backup to do (from 2 CDs to the external hard drive), but that can be left for later.

After having spent quite a fair bit, seeing how things have worked out nicely has made it all worthwhile. Also, I have about 40+ extra GB on standby, which is more than enough. A neccessary purchase nonetheless, since I will definitely need it for backup, storage and transfers.

I just hope my Dad won't run into any problems tomorrow, and everything will be well.

But I guess certain hiccups can't be really avoided. Mush with all his WoW and Dota nonsenses will be complaining about the lack of spare disk space again, even when it is from 3GB previously to 6GB. Games games games games games...he should get his own hard drive.

At least the desktop search is working again, no more redirects, no more lag, and now we won't have crazy Dr. Watson's Debugger popping up once every now and then to crash explorer.exe.

No comments: