Saturday, April 14, 2007

Busy Saturday

Today was really crowded. My feet were sore from the cramped shoes and rapid movement from one place to another. It was pretty bad. After work, I was hobbling towards the bus stop and back home for a change of shoes before going off for CO practice. Switching to casual attire next week since they said it is allowed. I hate formal attire anyway.

Met an ex-schoolmate. Seems like he didn't do so well either. He's not planning to retake due to NS. Possibly going poly after A levels.

I personally feel that is really disheartening to tell a stranger of such a situation. I try to shrug off the crappy feeling, and focus on telling the truth about waiting for university postings.

They say that the first batch of letters (of acceptance and possibly rejection) would be coming out on late April. Would assume it would be from the last week onwards...

Seems like certain popular faculties in NUS, NTU and SMU have sent out letters or phone calls to short-listed candidates for interviews. At least the ADM stuffs are settled.

Been reading through blogs here and there, the people who applied sound really confident? They know what they're doing with all the artworks they supplied. How can I match up to them? I don't really know, but it doesn't hurt to try. If there's anything that I can be proud of being me, I would say that I've been daring enough to expose myself to many different kinds of challenges and experiences so far.

Whatever will be will be.

Also, the home computer is on the verge of getting totally screwed by my brother who knows hardly anything useful to do with computers. A little blog update is ok, but I can't to get to do much with this computer, especially when he eats up so much space for his games. Now it is screwed to the point that the browser is hijaacked, the search functionality in XP goes haywire and would crash the whole system if one bothers it, and my account cannot be deleted either. This is not too bad compared to what I used to get - no internet access, computer keeps rebooting on its own, files going mysteriously missing.

The computer still badly needs a reformat one of these days. It's not going to come soon because my father insists of keeping his files on the computer, until I can solve the problems when new computers come in. (One for everyone! hmm cool, in the past, I would have spent a lot of effort in trying to get him to buy one, but now I feel different with the urge to ask: why so soon?) I have to plan for it also! What the heck, me again. Every time the computer comes up with some crappy problem, and that is 99% of the time not me for certain, I'm almost always the one to fix it. Well, at least with me taking the reins, I can at least choose good stuff.

Why on earth do we have to be the slave of the computer with all these problems caused by malware, adware, viruses and spyware? It's really stupid.

As for being just given the go-ahead to plan for new computers, not very enthusiastic about it. It's kind of funny. Does such a feeling comes once you turn 18? I used to want a computer so badly so that I can draw without guilt of wasting loads of paper (killing loads of trees and making more rubbish to keep in my room) and manage my website better. So that I can manage my time better and have more say in when I want to maple.

Now those just became the past. (Except for maybe the time management part, from the start and to the end, I hate to fight over the computer with my brother and father. The computer is a necessary evil.) How did I suddenly find that leveling up is just a jumble of numbers and seems to be a silly thing to do? It seems exactly like the way a school system without good buddies with you is - constricting, limiting and emotionally-restraining. Working in a dynamic environment, active self-study and going out with friends is really more fun.

Well, need to get the rest, so tata for now.

No comments: