Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Taking Criticism and Setbacks...

I know of somebody who loves criticising.
And comments are generally (and indirectly) targeted to me.
Not that I hate criticism, I prefer it to the shallowness of hypocrisy.

But it really makes me wonder about these sort of people. Are they just trying to release their spite on others, being the sadistic kind? Or are they just trying to attract attention?
Maybe I just shouldn't give a damn to these sort of things. No point wasting my energy.
Also, since those comments were supposed to be a personal thing, I think I should just ignore it. We've got to respect others' freedom of speech...
But really, next time I run for election or something along that, at least I know what's coming up for me.

Today, I met a friend who told me about their campaign posters being "altered" mercilessly, to the extent that pictures of their faces were gone. I empathize with her. It is heartaching to see your posters in an awful state after bravely pasting it out there in one corner of the school.

I'm just thankful that I didn't paste photos on mine.

Same thing again, what kind of people are these? One that loves to create misery for others without putting themselves in others' shoes?

All I can do is to remind myself that these people inevitably exist in our world and all we can do is to handle such setbacks well.

What else can we do?

------------------------

Also, I think me being super silent in school is starting to scare me. It's an indicator that I'm not following my lessons well. I'm super lost in Trigonometry and Biology.
X_X
For Chemistry, I'm still pretty much on track, except for that old problem on Ideal Gases, much thanks to Ms Lee's fantastic tutorials [and the twins who have been very helpful =)].

1 comment:

Lord of Anstey said...

You have to show that you are better than then. At the end you will find the happiness but not them.