Thursday, May 05, 2005

My life is changing

I dream of a lot of things...
I was the silent dreamer.

Back then in Secondary School, I'm just a nobody.
Just some girl who's at the last 3 or 4 of the class every major examinations.
Just some girl who keep failing Higher Chinese.
Just some girl who neglected her studies after being depressed and indulged in computer games, forums and websites.
Just some girl who is a misfit in her class of smart people.
Just some girl who the teachers probably never want to care about.
Just some girl who is a plain member of the Chinese Orchestra, some boring CCA in the school where there is a lack of guys.
Just some girl who the teachers think that do not have the potential to be a leader.
Just some girl who never talks unless the teachers prompts her to in class.
Just some girl who is ill-informed about the challenges and how CCA points work in Secondary School.
Just some girl appearing as either emotionless or sad most of the time.
The only thing to be proud of was that I was in an SAP school, in Special Stream.
Yet I felt dismay as word goes round that other neighbourhood schools appeared to improve quickly.
The high moral standards just seemed to keep dropping year after year.
What just happened to my school?

Things are now different.
I started contemplating about the past in MI and TPJC, two schools I had never expected myself to be part of in the first place.
Two schools where I found happiness.
The sleeping dragon in me has been half-awoken from slumber.
I'm now a somebody who tries her best to keep up with lessons and not neglect them no matter how hard it is to understand them.
Somebody who wants to be proud of her school.
Somebody who wants to be part of the action and not wait for things to happen.
Somebody who's running for Student Council.
Somebody who don't want to be quiet all the time.
Somebody who wants to make the best out of the 2 years she had been granted, to repent for the lousy performance in her previous school.
Somebody who wants to be part of the class.
Somebody who is starting to appreciate Chinese lessons the way it should have been for her.

Yet something I know hasn't changed inside me.
I'm still pretty much the dreamer as always.
But now one who wants to turn dreams into reality.

No comments: