Sunday, May 06, 2007

New CG Artwork!


And so, after the drought AKA drawing/artist block, I am back at it again! My first CG artwork in 1-2 months!

It is actually an experimental artwork done on Artrage, some painting canvas software that Yanying introduced. It has a simple, no-nonsense, user-friendly interface. I did use quite a lot of (Ctrl + Z), but there was absolutely no dropper, had to find the right colours whenever I felt like adding on.

Think I should practice more to be precise huh? The real medium doesn't really offer the luxury of trial-and-error unless you aren't painting a serious artwork.

Still, digital can never make it up for the art of mixing up the colours to find the right blend for your work.And to leave your artwork out to dry is not possible with digital.Now is that a pro or a con? oO

I like the colours I used, though I know the artwork is kind of sucky. Drawn from idealism. I really need to study more on faces and people to get better. I know not everyone has such fair skin and smooth features like that.

But I also have my Bio/Chem/Maths studies to handle at the moment!!! X_x I am in serious need of focus, but I'm torn.


Twiggy got into NTU Mathematical Sciences! I am happy for her. Well, know she wanted business but at least now she secured a place there.

Jigglyn got into NTU Business also well, though she wanted Accountancy.

HappySad got into NTU Computing, though I think she wanted Accountancy, although it is beyond reach.

Sometimes, I wonder why people aim so high, yet am I not doing the same?

Actually, I am no longer interested in aiming so high when my interest is not in there. It's just like looking at a Chemistry TYS and feeling totally unmotivated to pick apart and solve the questions in it. That's what I am feeling right now, but I am still struggling. I know my problem is with the irrelevance of Chemistry to myself but I will try hard to wipe off this conditioning within.

I so wish that I could escape though. All this time I never felt that I had the opportunity to apply my knowledge to good use. Or at the very least enjoy what I am doing. It used to be so in the early years, but not so now.

There is no regret on the path I had taken in any case, because I have a feeling the education system would have killed off my interest in art/writing/music long ago.I hope that I could be guided to the right path. I know what I want although the future is clouded in uncertainty, but I know I have the guts and am willing to walk the way through.

No comments: