Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fed up with parents again

Ok, it is true that I cannot rely on them anymore.

I am feeling a little resentful for it but well...I'm already close to the age where I would be considered a grown up.

But why so fast? I don't even feel ready for it.

Actually, I trust my maternal grandparents and extended family who I have lived with in my childhood years more, but they also have their limits to how they can help. All I have is moral support every moment they are with me, which is definitely not the case with my parents.

You see, when I decided to retake, they said very clearly that I do not need to find a job and would just need to focus on the retake itself. Money is not a problem.

And then, now, with the phone bills, they now say that I have to pay for it, so that I would cut down on usage. But come on, the bill is at the minimum for that basic plan! Are you suggesting that I don't use my mobile phone anymore? That's insane!

Come on, what kind of message are you trying to get across here, you confused bunch of clowns I must say? Money not a problem and you want me to pay for the bills? This is actually ok but my problem is that you haven't even made it clear from the start! The worse part being that you kept the earlier bill from me and now I have 2 bills to pay at one go?!?

That is the only thing I really really really detest about my parents. Never giving a clear message and leaving you to do what you want to do.

I feel that it is a basic rule that as a person, you must make your stand clear from the start. If not, you have to acknowlege your mistake, and make known the reason why so, as means of engaging a point of understanding with the other party.

They actually flouted this rule. I am rather disappointed in them for that. The issue is not about me being not flexible, but in you people being too flexible about the things you say.

Looks like my decision to take on a job previously was right for this once. At least I have the funds to pay off the bills.

But I'll soon be back at square 1 when it comes to saving up for extra expenses for university. This is also considering that I'm working to have funds to stop seeking for pocket money from my parents for the time being until the retaking is over and I can find a job again, or in the event that I really do go to University.

With the new job offer, I guess I would be at least further secured for now. Better learn to juggle work and studies now than later huh?

See, I'm such a thoughtful person but the gesture of thoughtfulness doesn't quite pay off well with my own family. And they aren't even a single bit thoughtful at all. Who knows if later they would say that I have to pay for my University funds on my own? Earlier on, they said they would fund my University education, but do words really come and go with the wind? I really won't dismiss this possibility. Pray hard it won't be though.

Sigh.

However, as much as they don't like to admit it (in fact, they keep denying it), they have a lot of self-pride and face to keep, more so than I do. If they really retract that decision, I will make sure that word goes out about it to my relatives and their friends. That is, unless they are in deep financial shit, then I do understand, and they'd better not fake it out or keep it from from me.

Given the chance and opportunity, I would rather rely on myself. I will work hard and then apply for a scholarship next year.

And now, they just suddenly say "I want to use the PC, bunk off." At least mushy is much more polite to give me at least 15 minutes of notice.

...

No comments: