Thursday, June 23, 2005

Finished CIP!

Had fun with CIP, though the guys in my group didn't talk much with the exception of Aravin AKA Aladdin.

The girls (Mavis, Oriana and Rajanni) were chatty, Zheng Xun and Kai Xuan were quiet but very smart boys, Liyana didn't talk much as she didn't come for the first day, and there's Wilson the absentee who overslept and didn't come at all.

Overall, they are cool to be with. Wish I had prepared a keepsake for each of them. Was so tired out for the two days that followed, but I'm now ready to study for the Common tests. I learnt some study tips too---just as they did for their PSLE.

Our group name was bad, Avianants was hard to pronounce, especially for the cheer. (Originally a S-I-N-G-A-P-O-R-E cheer thing, didn't went too well though we did our best, then became something I came up with...) During the prize presentation, we were the "Aviants".

My partner was missing for the second and last day. The girls have been asking where my "boyfriend" went to. Most of the other volunteers also had the same situation, since a male and female group leader was assigned to each group. The "young adults" (they aren't really children in a sense, also they don't like to be called it) assume that just by holding hands or by being associated together you are automatically entitled to be one's boyfriend/girlfriend.

I have to admit that I wasn't a great leader, being the quiet sort, so I'm very thankful to have a co-operative group.

The question of why I joined this CIP came up from another volunteer who joined the CIP, I just said that I felt it would be fun to join it. Actually, it isn't the real reason, I made a vow/silent promise last year that if PEARLS was scrapped off I would be happy to take more initiative to join CIP. In any case this reason is no longer important. I feel happy being of help in any case. CIP used to be picking up litter on the beaches, having a walkathon for the school raising fund, visiting the old folks home. This was something more memorable.

Also, it seems like 05S03, a class with 4 A level subjects, have a number of volunteers who turned up to help consistently. Was wondering how on earth they juggle studies so well, these smart people. I turned up for the 3 days, but I must admit that I haven't finished studying yet...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pre-ordered HP from Popular! Thinking back about it, I must be mad, seeing that the prices of the previous books have dropped to less than half the price of the new book (Compare a mere $15 to $40). Anyway, I must study hard so that I can enjoy reading the new book when it's out, as a reward...that's what I'm thinking about at the moment.

To all who's reading, good luck for your CTs too!

No comments: