Friday, March 23, 2007

Stupid Tablet

Really. I finally found the program to get it running. It is such an old version and is only meant for Windows NT, 95, 98, ME/2000. Not Windows XP. The program did not pass the Windows Logo certification testing for XP (or whatever that is). It's great that it works because I think quite a few old drivers usually get screwed on XP.

Moreover, Wintime TW is out-of-business for quite some time already. It was about 2-3 years ago that I last visited their site and found a workable driver for this new computer after finding out that our original diskette for that driver was lost (and also probably outdated since it was for Windows 95/NT). Somehow a year ago the tablet stopped working, I am guessing due to some misdoings to the computer by spyware or something.

And fixing it really wipes out the grudge I had earlier for that mushroom. When I said I need the computer right now, my dear mushroom-head, it means that I have something important to do. Goodness knows how little time I have left for the completion of my portfolio. And stop teasing me already ok? I cannot change the past, let it be and don't bring it up you moron.

Now that the stupid tablet is working, I guess I can now finally start on the serious business of the entry requirements.





Video. Good grief. To show you and your creative abilities. I find that requirement way too stale. Even the 60% requirement for grades seems a bit off (and a little discouraging in my case). I hope what they just need is pass grades, not average or ace grades.

I do not know if I will rise up to the challenge but I will give it a go.

Actually, was thinking of making an animation, yet one requirement to talk about me! I am trying hard to think of a way to twist the rules.

Also, some peeps have been posting up their portfolio stuffs on YouTube. I guess I will follow the trend in case the video format fails to show on their computer. I will really be screwed if that is the case. Yet...I really don't know if I will dare to show the video. Really.

I'm just a conflicted person at times. Sometimes I feel like doing something, or that I did something, and then I feel that I probably shouldn't have, and have to learn how to live with it.

Something like applying for a course in Poly on a provisional basis before the admissions started.

Something like setting up a blog for a particular event in the past. (Not this one)

Something like posting a music clip to teach people to sing and then later having no way to remove it. Pretty funny, yet pretty ironical. I get mixed sorts of reactions, ranging from slight teasing in person and praise online. And later, somebody asks me for it. Actually wanted to tell him that I lost the file but then I found out that a subdomain still had that file! I gave it to him out of goodwill, I trust that he will do nothing stupid with it.

And now, something like applying for University, even though I am not pleased with the grades I am getting, and that I have not much formal art experience and background.

I really have no choice with the video, yet...




Yesterday, went for a health checkup due to some minor problems (nothing serious), and had to go for blood testing. I was like, wth, since the nurse drew blood from my left arm first, and then declared that there wasn't enough blood. I had to go through a second go of the needle to get blood from the other arm. I don't have a fear of blood. I'm just more concerned about the pain, otherwise it is ok.

No comments: